Back Forum Reply New

Intransitive Matches

This kinda involves battles so I'll put it in the BD.  I guess another thing I could've called it was quot;Triangular matchupsquot;
Post which sets of 3 characters seem to follow the rules of paper rock scissors and why

That is to say, which character can the stronger of two other characters not beat but the weaker can beat?

An example would be the
{Tsunade, Orochimaru, Jiraiya}:
Tsunade beats Orochimaru who beats Jiraiya who beats Tsunade
or
{Jiraiya, Itachi, Orochimaru}:
Jiraiya beats Itachi who beats Oro who beats Jiraiya
And maybe one for {Gai, Kakashi, and Kabuto}, but I'm not sure of the exact specifics of who can beat who.

I'm thinking one could be
{Kurenai, Gai, Asuma}:Kurenai beats Gai due to genjutsu who beats Asuma due to taijutsu who beats Kurenai due to breaking her genjutsu.

Or {Itachi, Kakashi, Zabuza}:
Itachi beats Kakashi due to the Sharingan who beats Zabuza due to the dogs who beats Itachi due to the mist.

I was considering one that involves Gaara.  Most likely it would involve someone who can beat Gaara out of skill and experience but loses to someone who has more skill and experience than Gaara with less than Gaara's power who can beat the person who can beat Gaara but not enough of an advantage in skill or experience to beat Gaara himself.  I'd say this could be
{Deidara, Gaara, Sasori}:
Deidara beats Gaara who beats Sasori who beats Deidara

you lost me at intransitive rofl

Thats why I said it could also be called a triangle match.

Person A trumps person B
Person B trumps person C
Person C trumps person A.

Transitivity means Agt;Bgt;C, which is true in any given variable, but victories aren't defined in one variable.

Originally Posted by InsipidipityThats why I said it could also be called a triangle match.

Person A trumps person B
Person B trumps person C
Person C trumps person A.

Transitivity means Agt;Bgt;C, which is true in any given variable, but victories aren't defined in one variable.

right, so is this like a question thread ooor like a general information thread

Its a quot;post which 3 characters can fit that description and whyquot; thread.  And avoid using the obvious.

You have to consider 3 battles between 3 people and if they match that criteria, post it up.

Originally Posted by InsipidipityIts a quot;post which 3 characters can fit that description and whyquot; thread.  And avoid using the obvious.

You have to consider 3 battles between 3 people and if they match that criteria, post it up.

Nejigt;Kimimarogt;Gaaragt;Neji

Neji beats Kimi because he can send chakra through his bone armor

Kimi gt; Gaara which was hinted by the fight

Gaaragt;Neji because he would require Neji to be on defense and offense all while keeping him at range. This would be impossible for Neji because he is close range fig.

Ohh...good set.

Neji trumps Sasuke who trumps Naruto who trumps Neji
Neji can't close Naruto's tenketsu so Naruto beats him.  On the other hand, Sasuke doesn't rely on that so he can beat Naruto.  On the other hand, Sasuke's tenketsu can be closed to Neji beats him.
¥
Back Forum Reply New