Back Forum Reply New

al'Lan Mandragoran (WoT) vs. Jaqen H'ghar (ASoIaF)

Who would win, in a no holds barred fight based on what we know of each character to date (Book 11 of WoT; Book 4 of ASoIaF)?

The warder al'Lan Mandragoran, or the Faceless Man Jaqen H'ghar?

Lan:
wiki/Lan_Mandragoran

Jaqen:
wiki/Jaqen_H%27ghar

Speculate away.

I really am not sure who I think would win, but I know it would be a damn interesting fight.

Boo, answer on my other book matchup gt;_gt;  

But on topic now, didn't faceless men have some kind of quot;powersquot; I seem to recall Jager causing someone to die from being attacked by his dog..

Here you go--this should answer all your questions and then some:

Lan:
wiki/Lan_Mandragoran

Jaqen:
wiki/Jaqen_H%27ghar

You now have the information to make an informed decision.

Hehe.  Well, Nynaeve would never allow anyone to hurt her precious Lan if she could help it, so he'd probably win no matter what.

Jaqen is interesting, but I think Lan might be able to take him even if he managed to escape his wife.  The guy's practically a one man army...

yep! Lan wins, hands down *best friend jumps up screaming: HOW COULD SOMEONE DOUBT THE AWESOMENESS OF LAN!! I MEAN, WOULD YOU WANNA MESS WITH HIS GF????? HE'S A FREAKIN' KING!!!*

(personally, though, faceless dude sounds a lot like a Myrddraal, so I say he wins...)
BestF: WHAT??? I'M GONNA SMACK YOU SO HARD, MEDERU-CHAN!!
me: -SAN, YOU LITTLE IDIOT!!! IT'S MEDERU-SAN!!!!  

Lan.  Jaqen loses some of his greatest advantages in a battledome and Lan could probably take just about anyone in a melee battle who doesn't have meta-human strength/speed/etc.  In open combat, I think Lan would would win in seconds.  

Now if Jaqen were to attempt to assassinate Lan...he'd get pwned by a braid-pulling Nynaeve.

Think up whatever scenario you like. Just assume that each wants to kill the other, and that they start out of each other's line of sight.

Think up whatever scenario you like. Just assume that each wants to kill the other, and that they start out of each other's line of sight.

Jaqen hands down then, faceless men have to many nifty tricks available to them.

If it was face to face then I'd give Lan a chance, he's a fantastic swordsman after all though Jaqen seems to have a wider range of abilities open to him. (especially if he was the alchemist in the AFFC prologue)

and I didn;t realise you'd read both series kingler ^^

Lan would win this in a one-on-one fight if they saw each other face to face from the beginning, but it would be impossible to tell if it were to be any other type of fight, including an assassin mission.

Lan's been facing Shadowspawn since the beginning, including Myrdraall and Draghkar, two freaks that already do have special powers over any man.  Moreoever, he has increased vitality due to his warder bond, so he's much harder to kill.

Jaquen's powers are pretty mysterious so it's pretty hard to factor that in the fight, but if it is really only dealing with changing his physical features, then I don't really see how exactly he'll beat Lan in a straight up fight.  I'm pretty sure Jaqen's warrior skills are high, but still, Lan is arguably the greatest living swordsman in the whole WoT world, and he regularly faces things like Myrdraal which have cursed blades, which if they touch him, would kill.  He's been trained since he was a child, with a single purpose driving him to become the One Man Army.  Not to mention that Jaquen's kind are known for being assassins, not straight up warriors.  

If it was an assassin mission, it would be impossible to tell though.  Jaquen could change his physical features, but Lan is always alert, and he faces things like Gray Men all the time, so no one will be sneaking up on him.  Plus the warder bond gives him some other attributes that let him sense danger as well as other things.  I guess Jaquen could poison his food though, or make him breathe in some poison. =/
¥
Back Forum Reply New